The fog is rolling in...
which means only one thing: San Francisco Summer has begun!
If you haven't signed up for our Summer Program yet, make sure to email email@example.com to inquire about how your child(ren) can join our dynamic K-5 program! You are able to sign up for the entire summer or let us know which weeks you would like to enroll.
For all families, I realize that we've lagged behind in streamlining the communication of what the summer will look like. Here is all of the information you will find useful:
Location: 2019 will be at George Washington Carver Elementary
1360 Oakdale Ave, San Francisco, CA 94124
*there will be a school bus that will pick up students at 8:30am at Starr King. Drop off there can be between 8:15-8:30am. Pick up will be at 4:30pm*
Dates: June 10, 2019- July 19, 2019
If you are interested in being a chaperone for any of our field trips, please fill out a form and return it our staff.
You will only be contacted if needed on the field trip
What to Bring/Wear
1) Breakfast, Lunch, and Snack will be provided on a daily basis from Revolution Foods (the same company who supplies SFUSD during the school year). Your child may eat what is provided or may bring food from home. Please refrain from sending students with "food to share". While we welcome the community aspect of sharing food, we need to be mindful of students who may/may not have food allergies.
2) While we understand that "Summer" may equal "Summer Wardrobe" in students' minds, we ask that all students be sent to Summer Program with closed toed shoes (i.e. no flip flops & sandals). This is for the safety of students, since active play in flip flops/sandals lends itself to injuries. On a related note, please send students properly dressed to learn & play.
3) Any/all medications for allergies &/or illnesses MUST be disclosed to Sol (firstname.lastname@example.org). Any found medications will be confiscated and will result in a phone call home. This includes inhalers for asthma. For the safety of everyone, please let us know if your child has a need for medication.
4) Students who were Kindergarteners and are going into First Grade should be sent with a change of clothes in their backpacks.
5) [Refillable] Waterbottles! This will be especially handy for field trip days.
6) Please don't send your student with money to buy gift shop toys/candy/trinkets for our field trips. Unless you are interested in chaperoning and will be present, we will not allow students to buy their own food/snack or toys/trinkets at any of our field trips.
Library Time: Once a week, students will have a day where they will visit the local library to research their weekly theme projects. Students will be asked to attain a library card. The libraries we will visit are the Potrero Hill Branch.
Please check back often! Summer is intense, full of activities, and will go fast. I apologize it took this long to communicate, but please keep reading emails & sending me/us questions & suggestions. See you all very soon!